STAG Industrial, Inc. is a self-administered and self-managed full-service real estate company focused on the acquisition, ownership and management of single-tenant industrial properties.
STAG's portfolio consists of 200 properties in 34 states with approximately 35.3 million rentable square feet.
STAG targets individual Class B, single-tenant industrial properties predominantly in secondary markets through the United States. STAG believes our focus on owning and expanding a portfolio of such properties will generate returns for our shareholders that are attractive in light of the risks associated with these returns because:
- Single-tenant properties generally require less expenditure for leasing, operating and capital costs per property than multi-tenant properties.
- Class B industrial properties tend to have higher current returns and lower volatility than Class A industrial properties.
- Secondary markets generally have less occupancy and rental rate volatility than primary markets.
- Tenants in our target properties tend to manage their properties directly, which allows us to grow our portfolio without substantially increasing the size of our asset management infrastructure.
Ben Butcher founded STAG Industrial's predecessor business in 2003. Since 2004, we have deployed approximately $2.2 billion of capital, representing the acquisition of 334 properties totaling approximately 57.5 million rentable square feet in 204 individual transactions.
- Class B single tenant industrial properties
- Secondary markets throughout the United States
- $5.0 Million and higher